Monday, November 10, 2008

Pizza

Over the past few months Jason and I have really been trying to eat healthier foods. Sometimes it is really hard and other times it gets really expensive, but we try it anyways. I like the way it makes me feel, I have more energy and I must say that it is helping with the whole weight loss thing. Anyways, here is a recipe for pizza that I got from my friend Tami and we have come to really love it and I thought I would share it with ya'll:
For the crust I either buy one pillsbury refrigerated crust or an organic thin crust. I use whichever I have on hand.

Ingredients:

3 garlic cloves minced
4-5 tbls olive oil
Italian seasoning
1-2 Chicken Breasts
1/4 of a red pepper
1/4 of a yellow pepper
1/4 of an orange pepper
1 small zucchini
1 small squash
1 tomato (optional)
2 cups mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take crust out of package and place on cookie sheet/stone/pizza sheet, whatever you have and or like to use. In skillet, cook chicken in a little olive oil and Italian seasoning. Once cooked place on cutting board, and using a food chopper, chop up the chicken. In a small prep bowl combine minced garlic and olive oil. Slice all veggies (I slice mine really thin using a medallion). Now with a basting brush, brush on your olive oil and garlic mixture onto crust. Add cheese, chicken and veggies. Top off with a little Italian seasoning. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Bake time will vary, it depends on how many toppings you put on.

This pizza is very yummy, we never have any leftovers. It also has lower calories and less fat than your typical pizza. Enjoy and let me know what you think!!!

No comments: