Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Almost 10 weeks...

I know it hasn't been a week since I posted but I had a few things I wanted to share.

With this pregnancy I have not been able to drink any sort of pop or anything sweet. The taste is really weird and just the thought of eating or drinking these things just makes me want to hurl. Now I am not saying this is a bad thing. It will probably help me out a TON with my goal to not gain to much weight. All that to say I have been drinking a lot of tea, water, and the occasional coffee. Well yesterday I think I drank mostly tea, a grape slushie, and like 2 glasses of water. Last night however, I felt like total crap, I couldn't sleep, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest, my fingers and face and feet were all tingling and I felt like it wouldn't go away. As I lay in bed at 1:30 in the morning I figured that all this was caused by my lack of water the previous day. Normally it would not have affected me but I seriously think that part of the reason I feel crappy is not enough water. This morning after I peed I could for SURE tell I was completely dehydrated. Today I found out that I need to double my water intake then that of the normal amount of 64 oz. HOLY MOLY that is a lot of water.....but again it will make me less hungry and less likely to munch in the afternoon. So I guess it's a win win situation here!

Overall I have felt really good the past couple of days. I was able to clean my bathroom today!!! YAY I don't even want to tell you how bad it was. I also got the 2 baskets of the boy's clothes put away, I pulled out all their summer clothes and added them to their closets. I was able to go through the time consuming things like make up and jewelry. I tossed old stuff and anything that was still mostly full or in good condition I added to the garage sale pile. It took me awhile to go through those things because I always seem to have a plethera of both make-up, bath products and jewelry. But I feel so much better having gone through them. It's all about purging!!!!

I have noticed that I can't really lift anything heavy, not because I lack the strength to lift it but because I get weird pains on my upper belly and they kind of shoot down the side of my abdomen to make sort of a C shape. So I figure I will just ask Jason to help me move and lift anything heavier than a laundry basket and not try to be Super Woman and end up hurting myself.

Towards the end of this week I can finally call and schedule my first doctors appointment! Hopefully I can talk to her about my sinus issues if they haven't cleared up on their own by then. I also want to make sure that the stomach pains I have are nothing more serious. I doubt it but I just want to make sure.

Anyways, I think that is it for now. I will officially be 10 weeks on Thursday! Tune in next week for an update.

No comments: