Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time Management

How do you manage your time. Mine always seems to get away from me. I "like" the idea of getting up at 7am and starting my day while the boys are still sleeping but I am such a night owl that I don't. I would rather sleep. So my day really doesn't start until 8 or 9 and then I need to wake up...have my coffee, check my email etc... I do feed the boys and get them changed before I do that, but it seems like we just take it easy in the mornings and really don't get anything productive done till noon. By then half the day is gone and I feel like I am not going to get anything done, everything from chores, cleaning, shopping and errands.
I was thinking over the past couple of days what i could do to fix this problem of getting up earlier and here is what i have come up with. I am going to start slow, but jump in full force if that makes sense. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I am going to commit to getting up by 7 and starting my day while the boys are still asleep, whether its putting in a load of laundry, emptying the dish washer or picking up the living room, I will be doing something productive while my coffee brews and once that's done then I can sit down enjoy my coffee and check my email stuff. That way when the boys wake up I am that much more ahead of schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be mornings that we can take it easy, I can sleep that extra hour and start the day a little later. Maybe once i get used to this schedule I can bump it up to getting up at 7 everyday, or if this schedule works then just keep up with it!
Anyways that was my thought for the day, I am hoping that this will stick and not just be another "great idea" that I had. I tend to have a lot of those, I think i get it from my parents....=)

No comments: