Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bo overcame a huge hurdle!!!

For months now Bo will go pee on the potty! The candy method worked like a charm for him. Everytime he would pee on the potty he would get a piece of candy. Once he accomplished peeing on the potty we started to work on getting him to poop on the potty. Getting him to go was a chore, he just didn't want to go. I don't think he was scared, he would just rather hold it in until we put a diaper on him at night and go poop then. We tried candy, that didn't work. we tried telling him that once he went poo on the potty we could go to the toy store and get a new toy, that didn't work. Stickers don't work either. I was running out of ideas and this morning Bo asked me if we could go to Monkey Joes. Then I told him "If you go poo poos on th potty we can go to Monkey Joes!" He said Ok, but I didn't think anything of it because he told me ok when we offered other things to get him to go on the potty and he doesn't go.
Well Bo was sitting on the floor playing Legos and all of a sudden he jumps up hold his butt and yells "Mommy, Mommy I need to go poo poos...." and he takes off running for the bathroom. I ran in there thinking he probably already went in his underwear. But I sat him down on the potty and he had not gone in his big boy underwear! YAY So then I asked him if he wanted me to leave the bathroom He said yes. So I stood outside the door and just waited for him to call me when he was done. I hear lots of grunting, and little whines like he was scared to let it come out and then all of a sudden he Yells "Mommy I went Poo poos...SEE...you wanna see" Sure enough he had gone! I praised him and told he did a good job and I was proud of him. I got him cleaned up dumped the potty and wiped it out and then Bo says "Mommy I got to go poo poo again, I went big poo poo now I need to go little poo poo." I was like OKAY....are you sure cuz you just went and there was a lot of it. I let him sit back down and no joke he went again! I was shocked and yet so proud of him!
We have been trying to get him to go poo on the potty for months and I guess Going to Monkey Joes was a big enough incentive for him! I am hoping now that he has gone that he will continue to go...We won't be going to Monkey Joes every time but I will have to fill up my jar of candy to give him a little reward for when he does go!
YAY BOAZ!!! Way to Go!!!

No comments: